We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Regis Hotel / Xmas Day / Other suggestions

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
St Regis Hotel / Xmas Day / Other suggestions

Hi all,

To anyone who lives in DF - what are your thoughts about the new St Regis hotel? I have been to DF many times, staying at the Camino Real or Condesa DF, but am thinking it might be worth trying something a little different. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Also, I get into DF at around 3pm on December 25, and would love some suggestions about something to do (people seem to suggest going to the Zocalo in the afternoon), and somewhere to eat. Any advice would be appreciated.

Finally, do the city's bars and restaurants reopen on Xmas night? We're a gay couple, and would love to hang out somewhere relaxing...

Thanks for any advice, suggestions, etc.

Joe

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Regis Hotel / Xmas Day / Other suggestions

The bar in the St. Regis features a long painting by the son of Leonora Carrington. She has her gay followers. The St. Regis puts you closer to the gay life of the Zona Rosa, and still convenient to the nicer Condesa area. Hard to say what will be open on December 25. We celebrate December 24 in the PM more often. You could walk down Reforma and see the world's tallest Xmas tree (that is my plan the 25th) and the nativity scenes set up along the way. It will be quiet in the city, with a lot of places closed.

New York City
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Regis Hotel / Xmas Day / Other suggestions

That sounds great - thank you!

Did you like what you saw of the St Regis?

Joe

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Regis Hotel / Xmas Day / Other suggestions

The St. Regis seemed nice. I prefer the bar at Four Seasons. Parking at St. Regis was the most expensive I ever saw in Mexico City and the valet asked me how the bar was as he had never been upstairs. Service was good. Several others exploring. Nice terrace over the Diana for watching the sites. I did not see rooms but one colleague of mine now stays there rather than JW Marriott.

New York City
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Regis Hotel / Xmas Day / Other suggestions

Thanks for this - it is much appreciated.

Joe

5. Re: St Regis Hotel / Xmas Day / Other suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 05:18