We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Day to Visit Teotihuacan January 4 - 7

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
B-More
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Topic
Best Day to Visit Teotihuacan January 4 - 7

I am presently in Oaxaca and have noticed that several ponits of interest are much more crowded than during previous visits later in January. I am assuming this is because children are off of school for the holidays and that many families are on vacation. We head to Mexico City on January 2 before returning to the US on Friday, January 8. Which day(s) are we less likely to experience larger crowds during Janury 4 - 7?

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Day to Visit Teotihuacan January 4 - 7

People start to head back to work and school on Monday and Tuesday. Some schools won't open till the 7th. However, the holiday crowds will die down by that entire week. My family departs Sunday and Monday for example as life returns to normal.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
984 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Day to Visit Teotihuacan January 4 - 7

Most schools begin classes on Thursday.

3. Re: Best Day to Visit Teotihuacan January 4 - 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2010, 05:19