We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camino Real Aeropuerto - what a dive!!

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Camino Real Aeropuerto - what a dive!!

What's happened to this hotel? I stayed at a Camino Real in the city a few months ago and it was delightful - very nice hotel.

This one is dated, dirty, and smells like mold. If my meeting and work colleagues weren't all here as well I'd be looking for another hotel. Does anyone know if there are rooms that are superior to others? I tried to ask at the front desk but they ddin't seem to understand the question. The room I have is terrible and smells awful.

If you're considering staying here, DON'T!!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camino Real Aeropuerto - what a dive!!

I stayed there a few months ago and it was fine. Maybe the recent bad weather has screwed up the drainage system or something. I stayed at the new NH hotel in Terminal 2 last week and that was fine (brand new and everything worked). If you're really desperate have you considered the Hilton that is actually inside the terminal (T1)?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camino Real Aeropuerto - what a dive!!

Thanks..I really can't change b/c all my work colleagues are here, etc.. I switched rooms - the 3rd one was finally bearable, but not great.. Overall this hotel is just unbelievably dated.. Internet is $20/day US and they have to bring you a cord to your room!!

Mexico city
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Camino Real Aeropuerto - what a dive!!

Not good!!! to bad you have that experience...

I only know the one at Polanco and it is OLD... very old but such a nice hotel.

4. Re: Camino Real Aeropuerto - what a dive!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 05:18