We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

six flags over mexico

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
arizona
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
six flags over mexico

I'm interested in anyone's recent visits to Six Flags over Mexico. I will be in Cuernavaca with two 15 year old boys attending ASLI Spanish Language Institute (BTW - one of the very best language schools in Mexico!). After the boys tire of pyramids, museums and cathedrals, I think they would welcome a trip to an amusement park like Six Flags. Is it a 1 or 2-day event?? They would only be interested in the adventure or thriller rides and exhibits, as they've been to other US theme parks. After Cuernavaca, we're going to Queretero to meet family flying in for a week...any other suggestions???

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: six flags over mexico

My niece (12 going on 18) went to Six Flags recently and had a good time but I'm sure a day will be enough. There is also a huge funfair in Chapultepec Park. However your cheapest thrilling ride in Mexico City would be just to hire a cab for an hour :)

There is also a small theme park near Querétaro which has a few rides and they are unlimited and free once you pay the 50 pesos entrance fee. They have quite an impressive rollercoaster and they are putting in a zipline at some point.

Actually I've just remembered there's some sort of kids activity center just outside Cuernavaca (to the south) with ziplines and stuff but I don't know any details (just passed it in the car).

Edited: 24 May 2010, 01:41
arizona
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: six flags over mexico

perhaps you're thinking of Las Estacas, a natural water spring park outside of Cuernavaca. It;s where the early Tarzan movies were filmed. No zip line that I know of, but fun ropes on which to swing out over the water and drop in. Any more suggestions for side trips from Cuernavaca (for 15 yr old boys) or in and around Queretero would be appreciated. Also, any others who've gone to Six Flags...please weigh in!!

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: six flags over mexico

My nephew loved Six Flags when he was younger. It is superior to other options around and has more action packed rides and horror opportunites that a 15 year old would like. It is a nice park where you pay one price and ride all you want. There are shows as well, though maybe aimed more at a younger group than yours. You would think you were at Great Adventure in New Jersey to be honest - it is sprawling. Easy to get to from Cuernvaca highway too as it is right there in the south in Picacho

Keep in mind that it has already started to rain so there is a good chance of rain by somplace between 4 and 6 pm anyday you pick between now and November.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
50 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: six flags over mexico

There is a water park with slides and pools and the like in Temixco, about 20 minutes south of Cuernavaca.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
972 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: six flags over mexico

The El Rollo waterpark would probably be better for older boys than the Temixco - bigger slides, etc. There are only two big slides at the Temixco although it is located in a converted Hacienda and it is very pretty. El Rollo is just south of Cuernavaca. http://www.elrollo.com.mx/

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: six flags over mexico

My girls enjoyed Six Flags Mexico! We had the chance to get a package with Camino Real Pedregal which included one night, admission for two adults, discounted tickets for children (if you are not into the rides you may also get a chaperone ticket), and a courtesy drop off/ pick-up from the hotel to the park. Check if they will have that pkg. if you are interested (www.caminoreal.com.mx).

Also be sure to take extra dry clothes with you because you get REAL WET on the "rapids" ride.

Have Fun!

USA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: six flags over mexico

Sadly they would enjoy it. Plus it's a chance for them to pick up Mexican girls(which is what they really want to be doing if you were nice enough to disappear from time to time.). I say sadly in that going to Mexico to visit an American theme park is like going there and eating all your meals at McDonalds. You are assuming they will tire of the other stufff. Don't be so sure. I know you are from Arizona so you see some Mexican culture.. good luck on your struggle. But this is old Mexico. There are things they could be visiting that are 2000 years old. You are a short drive from Taxco. Though they aren't into buying jewelry it is architecturally a great spot. Perhaps a weekend in Acapulco? But let's do some day trips into DF. The Anthro museum in Chapultepec park is world class by the standards of any type of museum. Even if they don't appreciate it now take them... even if whining and screaming. On the way to Queretero swing by Teotihuacan and maybe even Tula. Puebla is doable in a long day. Mexico has a great bus system. They will love the Jean Claude van Damme movies.

8. Re: six flags over mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 05:16