We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dia de la independencia

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
dia de la independencia

I will be in Mexico that day and I just found it out!!

Unfortunately either Majestic Hotel or Holiday inn have rooms for that specific day.

What do you have to suggest me because as I saw some videos in youtube it will be a chaos in zocalo and I cannot stand to be in such a place with so so many people!

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: dia de la independencia

Its geographically a huge city so go to Condesa, Polanco, Santa Fe or wherever - nobody says you have to be near the Zocolo!

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dia de la independencia

but this is the reason I want to be at Zocalo if not why should I post this message in the 1st place?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dia de la independencia

There will be crowds of people at the zocalo so you can't be at the zocalo and not have crowds of people! We are not sure exactly what you want.

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dia de la independencia

maybe I am not expressing myself right never mind......

on the 16th everything is closed? even theatres?

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dia de la independencia

Most places will be closed on the 16th (the big Zocalo party is the PM of the 15th - 16th is a military parade.) Movie theaters will be open as will some, but defintely not all, restaurants. Odd time to be in town. Most people will be off Friday and get out of town.

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dia de la independencia

thanks Happy on the Road :)

Something last what time exactly is the parade and where?

So happy I am going back to Mexico for the 2d time!

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dia de la independencia

Timing is probably around 11 am and ending a the Zocalo - things like that are precisely scheduled later on.. It runs on Paseo de la Reforma starting at Campo Marte (next to Auditorio Nacional) to the Zocalo

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dia de la independencia

If you want to be in the Zocalo area, but not entirely surrounded by crowds, try the Hotel de Cortés, on Hidalgo avenue in front of the western limit of the Alameda park, nice, elegant and it will be easy for you to escape somewhere else if you don´t want to watch the military parade, you can even go across the street and from the 6th floor of the Hilton Reforma watch it while sipping a margarita.

9. Re: dia de la independencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 06:16