We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Airport hotel advice

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Topic
Need Airport hotel advice

We usually fly from Toronto to Huatulco with a stop in MEX via Mexicana. Needless to say this isn't going to happen this year with Mexicana. On the return I need a reasonable hotel recommendation for a flight that arrives around 2PM from Huatulco and leaves the next day @ 9:55 AM. I will be traveling with my wife and 10 year old daughter. So safety, reliable shuttle and something to do is important. The layover will be Saturday night

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Airport hotel advice

There are 3 hotels in or attached to the airport - the NH (T2), Hilton (T1) and Camino Real (T1). Unfortunately they are rather dull with nothing to do. There are cheaper options a 15-minute shuttle away (Holiday Inn, Ramada, etc.) but they have nothing to do either (and you can spend ages waiting for a shuttle). Personally I would get an airport taxi (which is safe) into the center to somewhere like Paseo La Reforma (very safe) where you can wander around even at night. Or got the Centro and see the huge main square (zocalo) and cathedral. It's only 30 minutes away. Because the airport hotels are so expensive you will find that it works out cheaper.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Airport hotel advice

Well SteveMex do you think that el Centro is actually safe? I would not recommend you to go there. And there are only 2 "attached" hotels Which is the hilton at T1 a bit old and the new NH at T2 and although you will be arriving at T1 you can take the red buses outside which transport you from one terminal to another for 5 pesos per person.

The Camino Real is also a nice hotel but they actually have a shuttle that takes you there and it's only 5 minutes away from the airport.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Airport hotel advice

Yes, I believe the parts of the Centro I mentioned are safe which is why I specified "safe" and "very safe" in my reply! Mexico City in general is a safe city - in fact its murder rate is far less than that of Mexico as a whole and less than a third of that of other capital cities such as Washington DC. The tourist areas are, of course, even safer. Violent crime is not impossible but very, very rare - read countless trip reports on this site and you will see that others say the same. (I have visited about a dozen times this year so far. Of course residents have a different set of problems such as burglaries etc. but that is not a concern of the average tourist.)

4. Re: Need Airport hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 08:17