We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get from airport to Paseo De La Reforma area

Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best way to get from airport to Paseo De La Reforma area

Can anyone give advice on traveling in mexico city.

Taxi prices, subway use, buses and any safety fears about any of these.

Cheers

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to get from airport to Paseo De La Reforma area

From the airport just get a taxi - buy a ticket at any booth marked "Taxis" and give it to the first taxi in line. Shouldn't be more than the equivalent of 10 USD. You can then get around by metro which is very cheap or taxi. Some people recommend getting hotel taxis for safety reasons but I feel happy enough getting them off the streets (at least in daylight hours). Hotel taxis can be up to 10 times as expensive and generally haven't a clue where they are going. Pickpockets operate on the subway but violent crime is rare.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
78 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to get from airport to Paseo De La Reforma area

I live in Mexico City for 3 years by now and absolutely agree with Steve. However if you are really on the budget and do not have much to carry, you can also take tube from the Airport. To get to the center (or Reforma) you will have to change twice and the trip will take about an hour. But hey, its only 3 pesos.

Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to get from airport to Paseo De La Reforma area

Thank you for info, willprobably go for a taxi it's not to expensive for 2 after a long fight, cheer

USA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to get from airport to Paseo De La Reforma area

A couple things about the airport taxis. Those are the best way to get to your location. Metro with luggage... for a newby it's dumb. Once you get out of arrivals the taxi stand should be obvious. I say should be since over the last 10 years on every trip to DF some kind of remodel has been taking place at the airport. Watch out for guys who pretend to be from the taxi stand. They come up to you about 50 ft. shy of the stand. They ask if you want a taxi. You can see the cabs so you follow them... only to have them walk you past the line to a none regulated cab. The taxi guys are trying to get the airport to do something. OK... the booths are sorta fine. The prices are posted. Tell them where you are going and they sell you a ticket. Only one scam here. There are a couple sizes of vehicles. Normal taxis and SUVs/vans. Obviously the big guys cost more. They try and upsell. There are hotel cabs and also taxis del sitio. They may be the same. But they also have stands around town. They run about double. One of the hotels I stay at... the Canada... has a great practice. When you get into any taxis the doorman makes a great flourish about stepping in front of the cab and writing down the license. The whole story about taxi robberies happens when a driver suddenly pulls over and lets several of his friends in and they swarm you. Ask anyone who has been around DF a while... you get a sixth sense. Lock your door. I never get robbed but just to be certain I always sit in the rear in back of the driver so he can't do the pullover thing. BTW... lots of legit cab drivers get robbed by fares. As to hotel cabs being 10 times... only once. And I knew it would be. It was New Years Eve, I'd taken a couple of young ladies to the Four Seasons for champagne. Leaving to go back we took one of the Lincoln Town Cars... but special occasion. Yeh... night time and holidays... you pay a premium. Which is fair. Going cheap... I take the subway. It does a good job of linking together areas that tourists would want. Plus unless you scope out the routes... city buses can be really confusing.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to get from airport to Paseo De La Reforma area

Just take a taxi. It's a 30 minutes drive from the airport.

Metro can be confusing the first time (even for DF residents).

You'll be fine! Cheers!! =)

California
Level Contributor
408 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to get from airport to Paseo De La Reforma area

This is not an endorsement, I just used greyline.

7. Re: best way to get from airport to Paseo De La Reforma area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2011, 05:16