We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons vs St Regis

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
99 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons vs St Regis

Going to Mexico City on business next month, and deciding what hotel to stay at. In the past I have always stayed at the Four Seasons, and been very happy there. The bar/restaurant are excellent, and the rooms are great. I saw the new St. Regis has opened up, and was wondering if maybe I should try staying there? Anyone have any thoughts between the two? Are the rooms or dining any better at one over the other? The area around Four Seasons is a bit questionable, I know the St. Regis isn't far, but is the location better?

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons vs St Regis

St. Regis has harder access at least to me. You also would not go strolling around at night, but are less likely to find boy hustlers outside the hotel door than at Four Seasons.

Four Seasons feels important and busy and exciting. St. Regis feels empty and cave like. You take elevator from street up to lobby (key in floor before you get in elevator) and then to your room. I guess good for security.

Bar terrace looking at the Diana at St. Regis is terrific but not usually busy. Inside bar with big painting by the son of Leonora Carrington dull. Restaurant fine. Four Seasons bar and restaurant feel better.

Televisions in bathroom mirror of St Regis are something hard to find outside of Las Vegas.

I am more classic and prefer Four Seasons but many friends disagree.

You cannot go wrong with either of them though.

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
882 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons vs St Regis

We are looking at the two hotels too.

A few years back we stayed at the FS and loved it. That great courtyard, bkfst, terrific service, comfortable lobby, terrific service, etc.

In contrast, the St Regis is brand new, the rooms look beautiful, very high tech, some great views apparently, an indoor infinity pool looking out to the city. I think the 2 hotels are very close to each other, so location shouldn't be much of an issue.

We likely will head for the newer hotel this time; if only to see the difference. Have fun.

Mexico City
Level Contributor
12 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons vs St Regis

I love the Four Seasons, but why not trying the St Regis and then you tell us about your experience!

4. Re: Four Seasons vs St Regis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 06:23