We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendation for private driver for airport transfer?

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
recommendation for private driver for airport transfer?

Hi, i hear that it is safer to use a reliable private driver for airport transfer. would appreciate it if someone could advice on this and give some recommendations. thanks.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendation for private driver for airport transfer?

I don't know where you are likely to have heard that, but the normal procedure is to take an authorised taxi to your hotel from the airport and then ask your hotel to arrange one for the return.

If you look at the top right of this page you will see a link answering the question 'how do I get from the airport into town?'

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendation for private driver for airport transfer?

Agree - personally I would consider a taxi safer and a fraction of the price.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
121 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendation for private driver for airport transfer?

On the ToursbyLocals.com website, you find a private guide airport transfer for Mexico City, so you can learn something on your way, cost 90 dollars. You can even find a similar service for a bit less - 50 dollar, but that's still more expensive than the airport taxi service. Let me know if you want me to help you find a driver/guide.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
562 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendation for private driver for airport transfer?

We just arrived at MEX and it was so easy to get a taxi ticket and then out to the taxi stand. I couldn't imagine having a private driver trying to find you!! It's a really quick trip to Centro so go for the taxi.

5. Re: recommendation for private driver for airport transfer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2011, 06:18