We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near airport - just in case

New York
Level Contributor
837 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near airport - just in case

I am flying to Cabo from New York City tomorrow with a transfer in Mexico City. Bad weather is predicted here, I think we will get out without problems. But if we got delayed leaving NYC and missed our flight from Mexico City to Cabo and had to spend the night in Mexico City, what would be a good place to stay?

We don't speak Spanish and no nothing about Mexico City. Any tips and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near airport - just in case

When this happened to me the airline paid for the hotel but obviously I had no choice which hotel it was. That should be the case if you have booked a through-ticket. Otherwise there are two hotels connected to Terminal 1 (Camino Real and Hilton) and one inside Terminal 2 (the NH). They are obviously the most convenient (but more expensive). Other options are Holiday Inn, Ramada, etc. most of which have offices inside the airport so they can check you in and get a van to take you.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near airport - just in case

I hope you were able to get home to New York before the snow. I see in today's paper that all NY flights were canceled yesterday and the same for today and there are photos of passengers sleeping on the floors of the terminal. I hope you got one of the hotel rooms suggested if you did not get out of town. I can remember being stuck in NY coming home more than once. I treasured my room during one blizzard at the Carteret, New Jersey Holiday Inn more than the best Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton at any beach resort. It was a room when none were available an avoided a night on a terminal floor.

3. Re: Hotels near airport - just in case

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2011, 05:17