We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What the cheapest way to travel Bogota to Cancun?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What the cheapest way to travel Bogota to Cancun?

Hi all,

I'm googling my socks off to try and figure out the cheapest way to get from Bogota in Colombia to either Cancun or Mexico City. The flights seem really expensive - approx 600 Euro. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Eimear

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What the cheapest way to travel Bogota to Cancun?

Copa is sometimes a bit cheaper and would go via Panama City which is very easy for connections.

Airfares within Mexico are very high due to limited competition.

Sometimes for such trips, it is cheaper (but way longer in time) to transit the U.S. at a U.S. hub - Dallas or Miami for American, Houston or Newark for Continental, Atlanta for Delta. I actually once flew Caracas-Atlanta-Lima and thought that was nuts but it was much cheaper.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What the cheapest way to travel Bogota to Cancun?

For June going via Mexico City to Cancun (on Avianca and then Aeromexico) is showing around 433 euros. Just going to Mexico City is no cheaper. Air travel in Latin America is notoriously expensive.

Austin, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What the cheapest way to travel Bogota to Cancun?

I got a round trip flight rom Cncun to Bogota for $579 US - that is actually pretty cheap. Its with Aeromexico but I got the flight through Travelosity - When I checked the same flight on the Aeromexico site - it came up $200 more expensive. So it seems travelosity overbought those filgts and is selling them at a discount. If anyone is trying to get this trip - use Travelosity.

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What the cheapest way to travel Bogota to Cancun?

Have you checked out TACA airlines?

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What the cheapest way to travel Bogota to Cancun?

It will depend of the season you are traveling but check the Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com links here in TA and you might get the fare close to your budget.

6. Re: What the cheapest way to travel Bogota to Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2012, 05:15