We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to TLC from MEX

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to TLC from MEX

Morning!

I need to get from MEX to TLC in a few weeks and heard there are shuttles but when I google it (in English & Spanish) I can't really get anywhere.

Anyone know this transportation option works?

Cheers,

j.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to TLC from MEX

I have never heard of such a shuttle. There are Volaris shuttles from points in Mexico City but not any close to the airport. The normal procedure would be to get a bus direct from MEX to Toluca bus station on Caminante (www.caminante.com.mx) and then a cab from the bus terminal to TLC airport.

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to TLC from MEX

Ah... perhaps that's what my friend was referring to.

So 135 pesos with Caminante..... any idea how much a taxi would be from the toluca bus terminal to TLC? If you know that answer as well you are a star!!!

Cheers,

j.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to TLC from MEX

If you are going to Toluca Airport, there is a free shuttle for Volaris passengers from the Santa Fe neighborhood of Mexico City (not far from entrance to highway to Toluca) which is not near any easy public transportation so you would have to take a taxi.

If you are a passenger on Interjet, they operate low cost mini buses from various convenient points in the city to Toluca Airport.

Details of both are on the airline's web site. A taxi to the Toluca Airport would be around 700 to 900 pesos from Polanco / Zona Rosa in Mexico City.

In Toluca, the main bus terminal is downtown, 20 minutes from the airport and a long taxi ride - I bet it would cost between 80 and 200 pesos to go from Centro to the airport.

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to TLC from MEX

I'm actually flying with Spirit Air so I can't take advantage of those shuttles... boo.

80-200 pesos is do-able..... I have 5 hours between my flights to get from MEX to TLC so I think (hope) I will be ok.

Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

j.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to TLC from MEX

I really recommend you Caminante, clean fast and not so expensive.

www.caminante-aeropuerto.com.mx

6. Re: Getting to TLC from MEX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 11:17