We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minimum Connection time TO Mexico City

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Minimum Connection time TO Mexico City

Hello all,

I know to expect a customs delay flying back into the US from Mexico. MY question is, is 70 minutes enough time for a connecting flight INTO Mexico City? That is, do I need to go through extra screening in PHX on route to Mexico City?

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minimum Connection time TO Mexico City

It looks to me like you will fly Spokane/Seattle to Phoenix to Mexico City.

Assuming your connecting flight is in the same or an adjoining terminal, you will walk from your arrival gate in Phoenex to your departure gate to Mexico City. No security check, no customs - you are doing a domestic transfer basically.

If in a bigger airline like JFK, you often have to leave the terminal if you are on different airlines (ie Delta to American) and that would entail another secuiryt check.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minimum Connection time TO Mexico City

Thanks!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minimum Connection time TO Mexico City

Phoenix is notorious for "ground holds" waiting for a gate to open depending on the time of day and traffic level. Especially true with US Airways as them seem to have numerous flight delays and it messes with their gate timing at this hub airport for them. If US Airways is in anyway involved with your travel plans, please don't expect much in the way of assistance should you experience connection issues.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Doha
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Minimum Connection time TO Mexico City

Thank you for the valuable information that all of you supplied, and to know more about aviation industry try this:

http://aviation-space.blogspot.com/

…blogspot.com/2011/10/minimum-connecting-tim…

5. Re: Minimum Connection time TO Mexico City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 13:16