We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurants in Polanco?

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good Restaurants in Polanco?

Hi

I'm trying to find reasonably priced mexican restaurants in Polanco, and i'm reading this: trendymx.com/lugares/39-lugares/82-guia-de-r… but i've tried all the mexican restaurants that are listed there. I want something new, but reasonably priced. Any suggestions? I've been living here for a month and a half but i still don't know any locals.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
455 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurants in Polanco?

The current hot gourmet Mexican spot is Dulce Patria. I had dinner there last night and it is always memorable and never more than 60 dollars per person. Salma Hayek and Antonio Banderas were there for dinner on Monday night this week while in town to promote "Puss n Boots". Cheaper and good and more traditional, less gourmet, is El Bajio at Alejandro Dumas, just across the street from the Hard Rock Cafe. Los Canarios de Masaryk is good too and has a nice terrace.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurants in Polanco?

Thanks, i will try Bajio. : )

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurants in Polanco?

Los Girasoles is another option, I have only eaten at the one in Centro Historico but there is a Polanco location Presidente Mazaryk 275 Planta alta.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
107 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurants in Polanco?

For good dining, consider also la Tecla (on Moliere) and Villa Maria (which is also in the article, so you have probably already been there); for seafood, try los Arcos (on Mazaryk) and Fisher's (on Horacio), and for less formal, I'm a fan of Cafebreria (cafe and bookstore) el Pendulo (the branch in Polanco is on Alejandro Dumas ) and for clean and comfortable tacos, there's Takos & Takos on Edgar Alan Poe. And in Col. Anzures, just beyond Polanco, behind the Camino Real hotel is Las Mercedes. Buen provecho!!!

5. Re: Good Restaurants in Polanco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2012, 10:18