We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One free day while on business--suggestions please

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
517 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
One free day while on business--suggestions please

Hello,

I am traveling on business and have 1 off day to explore the area around the Marriott Reforma Hotel near the US Embassy). I speak some spanish, have traveled extensively, and will be by myself. I love good food, open markets, and am not afraid to travel on the subway system. Any recommendations for a good local restaurant, transportation advice, general things I might do? Thanks so much, have a great day.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One free day while on business--suggestions please

Go see the historic center - Zocalo, cathedral, Templo Mayor, walk around and experience. You may find a place that catches your eye for food. You can walk (say start at Bellas Artes) in 25 minutes. For dinner go to Fonda El Refugio on Londres street just before Florencia in the Zona Rosa - also a walk from your hotel.

Other option is sit on the Turibus for a full round and see Centro and other parts.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
680 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One free day while on business--suggestions please

Hi,

there too many things to see and do in the city , you will be in the middle point to the downtown and the Chapultepec park with the museum of anthropology

but if you have monday as a free day most museums are closed but in the downtown you ca visit the zocalo square , palacio nacional, the cathedral ...

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
517 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One free day while on business--suggestions please

Thanks so much for the two replys. TTL

Edited: 16 January 2012, 21:10
Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
71 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One free day while on business--suggestions please

I reccomend totally the new museum Soumaya in polanco area...

they clsoe at 6pm

5. Re: One free day while on business--suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 10:21