I have a few questions to try and determine how rushed my transit will be. I am arriving at 16:04 from LAX (hopefully on time) and leaving at 19:30 to Cancun. Given that I am arriving at Terminal1 and leaving from Terminal 2 in experienced opinion will I have enough time to do the following:
1) Will have to collect my bag, clear customs and then re-check my bag.
2) Would ideally like to hit an ATM to get local currency..question is how long are the queues at the ATM's.
3) I am assuming that I will use the Air Train between terminals..If not does the bus take a lot longer.
4) My read of Terminal 1 is that I have to go downstairs to collect my bag and then back upstairs to customs...This obviously takes more time. How quick/slow is bagged delivery from the landing plane. 5 minutes...30 minutes.
5) If the ATM is to slow how easy is it to change usd to smaller mexican or would it be better to do it at LAX..don't really want to go this route as the rates for smaller bills is less than for larger bills.
6) I am bringing my smartphone with, lots of useful travel apps on it, so would like to purchase a sim card at the airport...is this possible.
7) I am landing on a Friday, 27 April so was wondering is this a very busy time for the airport.
8) Lastly is the signage inside the airport only in Mexican or do they also do English.