We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

First time visitor to Mexico City and came across the Four Points in Colonia Roma but can't find a listing for it in the Hotel Reviews section so perhaps its new. Is anyone familiar with the hotel or the neighourhood? Its in Roma Norte, just southwest of Avenida Chapultepic and Avenida Insurgentes Sur on Alvaro Obregon and close to the Metrobus at Jardin Pushkin

https:/…

The other option we are considering is the Hampton Inn Centro Historico on 5 de Febrero which seems to have fair number of good reviews

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

Trip Advisor's listing for Four Points by Sheraton are listed as Hotel Xi. It does not have much pesonality and is a businss level hotel. Regardless, personally I find the Roma much more fun to stay in than Centro. It is well located and very easy to get around and there is life on the street at night, unlike Centro. It is a short walk to Condesa or Zona Rosa and the Roma offers terrific options. It is probably a notch or two less yuppified than Condesa, but still interesting and safe. Centro is a great place to visit and you will spend a day or two there, but I would not stay there.

san diego
Level Contributor
106 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

We stayed at the Hampton Inn back in September 2010 and are planning another trip to Mexico City this September and will be staying at the Hampton Inn for 7 nights. It is very close to the zocalo; we really liked the location not to mention the hotel itself. Staff is wonderful, rooms are great, includes free breakfast, and is a very good value for the money. Granted, I've only been to Mexico City once before and it was the only hotel we've stayed at so I cannot comment on others. My husband and I are sold on the Hampton so that will be the hotel for us when visiting Mexico City!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

The hotel used to be called hotel Xi. as of June it changed management to Sheraton Four Points. They are still in the process of upgrading. a lot has been done already - change of linen, towels... They are at this moment redoing the main restaurant. They have moved the restaurant to one of the meeting rooms.

Service is excellent. have been staying at this hotel when I come to Mexico City and has always been great service. happy that they are improving.

I cannot talk for or against the Hampton. For me, this one is close to most of the places I need to go to when in town

Whichever hotel, enjoy your stay

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

Thanks- I've booked the Sheraton Four Points for early September and am looking forward to seeing Mexico City

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

Thanks- I've booked the Sheraton Four Points for early September and am looking forward to seeing Mexico City

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

I love Mexico City. So much to do.

Enjoy your trip

BTW. I saw where the Hampton Inn is a few days ago. I much prefer Condesa and Roma colonias. and just go to the center to visit

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

I am staying at the Hampton Inn right now. I have no complaints, it's near many tourist places. After going for dinner at Condessa, I can see why people like that neighborhood and I would not hesitate to stay in that area.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

Just back from a week long stay at the Four Points Colonia Roma. Usually stay at our house in Polanco but decided to play tourists for one week. Hotel is fabulously located on Alvaro Obregon. The rooms are spacious, clean with nice linens, towels etc. Management and staff friendly and efficient. Did a points only stay at 3,000 or 2,000 a night which is an absolute steal. You must try Mog restaurant next door. The place is wonderful, great asian cuisine an teeming with patrons from all corners of the globe. The sushi rolls are particular good and nice portions. Along the road on corner of Monterrey and Obregon is Monica Patinos' deli, really great especially the bread assortment and the cheese. On Saturday and Sunday an amazing Tianguis along the middle of the street with clothing, handicrafts , antiques and excellent food. Only five minutes from the hotel on Cuauhtemoc is the metrobus stop, direccion Tenayauca that drops you at Hidalgo, perfect for hitting El centro and the Alameda. Going south you're very near the Parque Delta shops and Liverpool store too. Palacio de Hierro, Durango is also walking distance. Colonia Roma has come along way and is the place to stay right now in DF. The streets are buzzing with life and many first class eateries. Thank you Starwood for putting Roma back on the map.

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

Thanks for the additional information... I'm really excited about our upcoming stay

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Points by Sheraton, Colonia Roma or Hampton Inn?

traveller_yyz: Please do report back asap--it would be most helpful! thanks in advance...