We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san pedro atocpan

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
284 reviews
Save Topic
san pedro atocpan

Has anyone visited this town? I read the mole and pulque are excellent in San Pedro. Is it an easy day trip by public transport ? Could it be combined with a visit to Xochimilco?

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
688 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san pedro atocpan

Hi,

it s not easy if you don't know the area as Milpa Alta is still a rural area inside Mexico City' s territory. Mole is very good in Atocpan and in October they have a great Mole fair.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san pedro atocpan

Thankyou. I will have a local driver so I'm hoping we can get there. Is the town interesting?

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: san pedro atocpan

We always go to La Cabaña to eat and leave. Service is not usually good and sometimes, they miss on the food (and all we order is guajalote or wild turkey.)

However, we have never really spent time in the town, which is not that interesting. It is nice to go in December as very nearby are several greenhouses with the lowest priced poinsetta plants you could imagine. We buy dozens and give to our friends as well.

It is not hard to find the town if you do not mid sitting in lots of traffic in Xochimilco both to and from the town. Personally, I do not think it is worth it. We have made it a kind of family tradition in December for 20 or more years and thus enjoy, but we do arrive a bit frazzled.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: san pedro atocpan

Would then traffic be as bad if we went on a wekday?

5. Re: san pedro atocpan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 06:20