We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

I am flying from JFK to Mexico City on Delta and connecting to an Aeromexico flight to Puerto Vallarta. I have more than 3 hours of a layover and managed to get, through frequent flyer credits cards with both airlines, a one-day pass for the Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge in Mexico City. Is there any decent food there? I've heard there are free drinks, including alcohol (I don't think Delta's SkyClub lounges give free alcohol; not premium liquor at least). I don't think there are showers in the domestic Salon Premier lounge, but I could be wrong.

1. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 06:01
Edited: 28 September 2013, 06:01
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

There is a nice, detailed review of the lounge here. The reviewer states that the domestic lounge is nearly identical to the international one, though he points out that only the international one has showers.

upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfly/aeromexico-sa…

Edited: 28 September 2013, 06:04
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
685 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

hi NYCACAPULCOFAN,

also enjoy the wine bar and if you like a bottle you can also buy it there. they have the concept taste and shop from the wine store la Europea.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

If you have a platinum Amex card there is special free lounge with all the same facilities.

Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

Hi Stevemex,

Is there an amex lounge in both Terminals at MEX?

Thanks,

Lisa

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

Yes, I have been in both. Here are some detailed reports:

Terminal 1: first2board.com/pointssummary/…

Terminal 2: first2board.com/pointssummary/…

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

The domestic lounge is bigger than the international lounge, that is the key difference. The La Europea and sandwich / wine shop at both closed. There is still a quick massage place. The Mexico City lounges are crowded, but once you get a seat, the waiters are quite good and hussle (and appreciate a tip when you leave) and will get you drinks, food, etc. There are always Japanese peanuts and some kind of snack, other times you find pastries, yogurt, some kind of canape, etc. Nothing great - not a real meal as you would get at Virgin in JFK or even KLM in Amsterdam. However, it is fine. I prefer the domestic lounge in Mexico as it is not as tight and enclosed as the international one which was expanded. Problem is everyone who is Platinum can go in and that makes them crowded. Internet is OK, but a pain. Aeromexico added a Diamante lounge (next ot domestic lounge) where it is as it should be - only for true frequent fliers, not for people with coupons.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

Thanks so much for the info.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

Thanks for the info.

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
520 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aeromexico Salon Premier lounge/domestic: Worth it?

Delta lounges do provide free alcohol. They're among the most generous of the US airlines. United only provides 2 free drinks IF you're traveling business/first class on trans-oceanic routes, and US Airways only provides free bottom-shelf wine and beer. Delta lounges dole out free hard liquor also, even when traveling domestically.