We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying bus tickets from the US

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
6 posts
Save Topic
Buying bus tickets from the US

I am trying to buy bus tickets on the ETN website and it will not accept credit cards from US banks. My bank says the charge is not coming true. This is true also of Price Travel, who I called through their US toll-free number. They sell ETN tickets but could not process my card. Any agency in the US selling these tickets or any other advice? I know I was able to buy tickets 2 years ago online...Thanks

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying bus tickets from the US

When are you traveling? Booking tickets beforehand is not usually necessary and if you are in Mexico at least a day before your bus trip it is easy to book tickets then. Alternatively have you tried calling ETN? Maybe someone there will speak English.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying bus tickets from the US

Have you also checked if your card provider is blocking payments to Mexico?

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying bus tickets from the US

Superb advice from the two DE's above. I always call my card providers before attempting such transactions to fill them in as completely as possible regarding my plans to use the card.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
449 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying bus tickets from the US

I just experienced the same thing with Primera Plus's website. I tried every which way and could not book a trip, when I called they processed the payment over the phone with no problem. I would recommend calling, I used google voice and it was really cheap to call them.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying bus tickets from the US

I never had a problem in the past, but both my US and UK credit cards were refused by ETN about a week ago. I also failed with a booking at a local Oxxo, so the system have been down. I just bought a ticket on Primera Plus online with my UK card, so no problem there for me at present.

6. Re: Buying bus tickets from the US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 06:20