We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus: Mex.City-Angangueo 2/17 to See Monarchs

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bus: Mex.City-Angangueo 2/17 to See Monarchs

Hola! Looking for your help with good, current info, please. Arriving in Roma area of DF THIS SUNDAY, 2/16. The morning of 2/17 we plan to take the bus to Angangueo, from there going to Sierra Chincua. I understand we leave from the Observatorio bus station. Is there a direct bus? How long is the trip? Can we buy tickets online in advance? What is the earliest possible bus? Are there any reports about the # of monarchs or any issues at Sierra Chinchua? Any other tips or thoughts? Gracias!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus: Mex.City-Angangueo 2/17 to See Monarchs

This appears to be the bus line you need: http://www.zina-bus.com.mx/

The buses are "semi-direct" and make several short stops but will get you there in 3 hrs 12 minutes. Earliest bus is 6 am. You can theoretically book online but I would advise against it as most Mexican bus websites won't take a foreign credit card and there have been many problems reported with those that do - book the tickets the day before by phone if possible (your hotel in Mexico City can do this for you). I have heard the butterflies are way down this year - do some searching and you should find current reports.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus: Mex.City-Angangueo 2/17 to See Monarchs

Thanks, SteveMex!

3. Re: Bus: Mex.City-Angangueo 2/17 to See Monarchs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:30