We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How rainy in early June?

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
289 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
How rainy in early June?

Will be in DF from June 6 -15. I see it is rainy season. How rainy is it? Does it rain all day? Does it rain in showers off and on? One shower per day?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How rainy in early June?

Rarely does it rain all day. And when it does, it can rain hard for half an hour or so, or barely enough to settle the dust. Usually somewhere in between, and typically later in the afternoon. Either way, you've got a good excuse to duck in somewhere for coffee or a beer. Umbrellas are plentiful and cheap if you need one. Personally, I think the rainy season is the best time to visit Mexico. At least in this part of the country.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 03:40
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
5,997 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How rainy in early June?

The weather is definitely not as predictable as it used to be! But I agree that the rainy season is a good time to visit, although it won't be as green in June as it is later in the summer.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
302 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How rainy in early June?

I agree weather is been kind of crazy lately. It just rained about two days ago, and it's just march. It also rained some days last month and on january and also december, felt sorry for all the christmas decorations. But anyway, what I can tell of the weather lately (rainy season or not) is that, even if the mornings are cloudy, it usually wont start raining until about 4-5 pm. Sometimes light showers and then at some point a strong shower that will last an hour or two. Then it stops and it may rain a tiny bit latter 8-9, even 10. If it starts raining in the morning it will be usually very light rain. But even with rain, there are a lot of places to visit in doors (lots of museums), and as suggested, if it starts raining while you are out, you can always go in to a caffe to watch it.

It gets a bit cold when it rains so take a jacket and maybe some shoes you dont mind getting a bit wet.

4. Re: How rainy in early June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27