We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip hubbing thru Mexico City

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip hubbing thru Mexico City

I am planning a road trip (rental car) in November. Arriving Guadalajara, then SMA, Dolores Hidalgo, Queretara flying out of Mexico City (Interjet) to Chetumal (1 week) return to Mexico City drive to Tlalpujahua (Monarch butterlies) return to Guadalajara.

I have never been to Mexico City before and looking at the maps, driving to the airport just to park a car does not look appealing. There is a bus service from Toluca (Caminante) that has hourly service to Terminal 1 at the Mexico City Airport (I drove through Toluca to Taxco in April) -- assuming I can find secure parking in Toluca -- is this a good means of getting to the Mexico City Airport for an outbound flight? or should I just drive to the airport?

jt

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip hubbing thru Mexico City

Both Toluca and Queretaro have direct bus service to Mexico City airport so you could do any car renting from those two places to save you navegating Mexico City.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip hubbing thru Mexico City

Fully agree - driving in Mexico City presents a challenge as signage is unclear (if it exists at all). My GPS (from Honda) is laughable in how bad it is in the city.

If you can do a bus from out of town, better, you can sleep on the bus and not suffer the stress.

3. Re: Road trip hubbing thru Mexico City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:17