We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

Will be in Mexico City this weekend and am having a hard time finding a restaurant that is open on Sunday nights for an 8pm dinner. All the contenders I had on my list are closed (Azul Condesa, Biko, Quintonil, Limosneros). I already have reservations at Mero Toro and Dulce Patria. Any suggestions on where we can dine on Sunday night?

Thanks in advance!

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
691 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

Hi, the kind of restaurants you have in your list close early on Sunday, you have to try another day or just go to chain restaurants.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

Hacienda de los Morales is open Sunday night. That is where I take my foreign visitors who come Sunday afternoons and i invite them to dinner. Au Pied de Cochon is open 24/7.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

My absolute favorite restaurant in Mexico City is Hosteria de Santo Domingo, and it is open on Sundays. It is also the oldest restaurant in the city.

http://www.hosteriadesantodomingo.mx/

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150800-d8…

From about 6:00pm they have a lounge singer and piano player, who will transport you to an old black & white film from the 40's with Bogart, et al. Call to make sure she sings on Sunday evenings.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
61 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

Restaurante El Lago in Chapultepec.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

El Lago offers a very nice Sunday brunch that ends at 5 pm. It is not open for dinner on Sunday. Few places are open for dinner on Sunday as you, Mayazteca, have noticed. Enjoy.

Toronto
Level Contributor
420 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

A couple other good possibilities:

El Bajio (Polanco & Reforma locations)

Azul Historico (Centro)

These aren't quite of the calibre of the other restaurants you've mentioned, but they're both serving very good food in upscale settings.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

Azul closes at 1800 on Sundays. Some branches of El Bajío stay open later. But it's best to do what the Mexicans do and have a late lunch. More fun too. Any places that do open on Sunday evenings are likely to be empty.

8. Re: Good restaurants open on Sunday night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:15