We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather first two weeks of August

Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Weather first two weeks of August

Hello,

I'm going to be in Oaxaca the first two weeks of August. I know it's the rainy season - is it likely to be hot with heavy, short showers?

Also, I was thinking of heading down to Puerto Escondido for a week. Is the weather there on the coast likely to be hot, with heavy showers in the afternoon?

Thanks.

Oaxaca
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather first two weeks of August

Weatherunderground has historical data so you can check for last year or the year before or the year before, etc.

wunderground.com/history/…DailyHistory.html

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather first two weeks of August

One never knows what the weather will be like here these days, so perhaps use the last poster's advice as guidance, but the scientists often get it wrong. It has been raining lately, but that means nothing for the future. Your first impressions are pretty good, but no guarantee from one August to the next.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather first two weeks of August

Thanks both,

I had a look at the link and July looked quite rainy though August not so bad. I guess I'll have to wait and see!

Thanks again.

4. Re: Weather first two weeks of August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2010, 06:16