We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Oaxaca in August

3 posts
Save Topic
First time in Oaxaca in August

Hey everyone,

My husband and I will be visiting Oaxaca for the first time in August for 2 weeks. I have read through most of the website and have an idea of all the things I think I want to do/see. But I wanted to get more ideas directly from people who have gone, and know of places I NEED to see! If you guys can give me a typical itinerary of places to go to in Oaxaca that'd be great. We want to go to Puerto Escondido and Huatulco, but wanted to know if there are other towns that we should visit as well.

Also any tips would be great too!!

My husband and I are both Mexican and speak fluent Spanish, if that helps narrow down ideas! Otherwise we are both really excited in visiting Oaxaca for the first time!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Oaxaca in August

Go to Oaxaca City and the valley.

Lots to see and do there.

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Oaxaca in August

If you go to this page (see below), and scroll down to the fourth entry under JUST PLAIN ADVICE FOR TOURISTS, you'll find a number of routes for touring the central valley sights. I do have updated and expanded stops, but choose to provide them to only those who inquire by email or have specific questions, but certainly here are the basics with most of the not-to-miss sights along the central valley routes: http://www.oaxacadream.com/articlesmain.html

Enjoy your visit.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

3. Re: First time in Oaxaca in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:18