We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day of the Dead

UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Day of the Dead

Hi

I am thinking about a trip to see the day of the dead celebrations but would have to leave on the afternoon of 31st october. would the trip be worthwhile or would I miss too much because of the time I have to leave?

thanks

Hugo

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day of the Dead

I would save it for another year, at least to appreciate most of the action in the city of Oaxaca and central valleys. The three main nights for visiting cemeteries and participating in comparsas are the 31st, 1st and 2nd. It's still a magical time, until then, but to be frank, I would defer to another time so that you'll better understand the traditions, feel the excitement, etc. Come in 2015!

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

2. Re: Day of the Dead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 05:21