We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch football (soccer) on TV in Oaxaca city?

US
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where to watch football (soccer) on TV in Oaxaca city?

Hello All,

I will be arriving in Oaxaca tomorrow night, and Sunday is the opening day of my football team's season. Does anyone know if there are bars/cafes/anyplace where you can go watch games on TV? It's going to be a busy two weeks of matches in a number of leagues and I would like to be able to catch a few others as well if I can.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Oaxaca
Oaxaca
Oaxaca, Mexico
SK
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to watch football (soccer) on TV in Oaxaca city?

While I'm sure there are dedicated sports bars, I can't think of a restaurant or cantina we went past that didn't have Champions League playing. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding your game(s).

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,504 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to watch football (soccer) on TV in Oaxaca city?

More than likely in your hotel room too.

US
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to watch football (soccer) on TV in Oaxaca city?

Thanks everyone, this means I can board my flight!! ;-)

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to watch football (soccer) on TV in Oaxaca city?

Email / ask your hotel where the closest sports bar is located. I like El Paseo, on Benito Juarez across from El Llano park, with several screens. La Coronita on Díaz Ordaz (or Porfirio Díaz, can't recall) has a large screen TV. Second floor at La Olla on Calle Reforma 402, has a nice TV and bar area, and if you ask Luis nicely, I would think he'll let you choose the channel, although La Olla is closed Sundays. He's a soccer fan. A new bar opened on Murguía, north side between Suarez and Juarez, so complying with your request would be something they should consider. I could go on.

Alvin Starkman - Mezcal Educational Excursions of Oaxaca.

Mentioned in this post
La Olla Restaurant
La Olla Restaurant
669 Reviews
Oaxaca, Mexico
Oaxaca
Oaxaca
Oaxaca, Mexico
5. Re: Where to watch football (soccer) on TV in Oaxaca city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 06:16