We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I really have to make reservationd for July and August?

Which San Cristobal de las Casas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
Level Contributor
424 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Do I really have to make reservationd for July and August?

Is San Cristobal so crowded in July and August that I will be unable to find budget hotel accomodations there on a walk-in basis?

I have been sending out e-mails requesting price info and some places have responded. One of them has sent me repeated e-mails telling me they cannot and will not hold the rooms without a deposit and they need to know right away...I find this a little odd because they haven't yet quoted me any prices!

Anyway, is it worth it to book something well in advance, or is there such a glut of accomodations available in July and August that I don't have to worry? Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I really have to make reservationd for July and August?

We stayed at a B&B in early 2007, and the owner told us that she was always full in July. I think the guests were mostly European.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I really have to make reservationd for July and August?

The simple answer is yes. For both national and international guests, July and August are very popular months. You can take your chances if you wish but might spend a lot of time searching when you could be having fun.

3. Re: Do I really have to make reservationd for July and August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 07:17