We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour operators in chiapas

Chihuahua, Mexico
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
tour operators in chiapas

Can someone recommend tour operators in chiapas. Im looking for a 4 or 5 day tour with hotel and transportation but Im not sure which to choose. Has anyone tried SendaMaya?

newyork
Level Contributor
25 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour operators in chiapas

Do not use Copper Canyon Adventures. They booked our 5-day private trip to Chiapas in January. The markup was horrendous. Worse, they told me they had booked the 3 of us into two cabanas at thye hotel I had requested, Escudo Jaguar, in Frontera Corazal, and then when we got to the town, our guide told us they had switched us to a "better" hotel. It was the second-worst dump we have ever stayed in, and they crowded the 3 of us into one cabin. After we got home I complained to Les Mahoney. He gave me a very fishy story about how Escudo Jaguar was booked up with a presidential delegation. Believe me, we walked down there to look the place over and there was no presidential delegation there - it was very quiet. Moreover, Mahoney promised me a refund for the second cabin. That was three months ago and I am still waiting for the check.

Chihuahua, Mexico
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour operators in chiapas

thank you very much for the advice.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tour operators in chiapas

Hi you can try mayantours.com or transportationscancun.com they are always on the yucatan peninsula and Chiapas rute and good price.

Chihuahua, Mexico
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour operators in chiapas

I found aventurarte or jaguartours, I'm leaving tomorrow ando hope everything works fine. Thank you so much.

Cincinnati
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tour operators in chiapas

It is a bit late for the original poster, but we just got back from a 6 day tour with Explora Ecochiapas. If you are looking for 4 star hotels, this probably isn't your outfit, although the hotel they booked us into in San Crisobal was very nice.

However, if you want to see some out of the way Mayan spots, do some kayaking, rafting, a bit of jungle touring, and see some of the remaining indigenous cultures, then they can help. It was just our family (5 total and Alenjandro, our guide, in a large Toyota van). They so far exceeded our expectations, both in integrity of transaction, and actual tour, that it would be hard to adequately describe in a few short sentences.

We got their name out of a Lonely Planet guidebook, and had to use Google translate to read their website , but everything went off without a single hitch. Outstanding.

6. Re: tour operators in chiapas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about San Cristobal de las...