We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Hotels in Ocosingo

Vienna
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Hotels in Ocosingo

I'm planning to drive by rental car from Palenque to San Cristobal (during the day!). On the way I would also like to visit the ruins in Tonina and therefore stay a night in Ocosingo. Unfortunately, I find it very difficult to find any recommendable hotels in Ocosingo. Lonely Planet mentions La Hospedaje Esmeralda as an good option, but unfortunately their website is not working anymore. Does anyone know if this hotel is still open and has any contact details? If not, perhaps anyone knows another recommendable hotel?

Thanks in advance!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,209 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Hotels in Ocosingo

My Moon Chiapas book lists 3 hotels: the one you mentioned, plus Hotel Central on the square, and Hotel Margarita "near 2a Av. Nte. Pte." All three sounded fine if not fantastic.

I only whizzed through Ocosingo on the bus, so I can't comment on the hotels directly. But I can totally recommend the Moon guidebooks for Mexico and surrounding countries. They're excellent.

Southbury CT
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Hotels in Ocosingo

My son and I visited Tonina several years ago and stumbled on a brand new hotel in Ocosingo call Hotel de Illusion. I think we were the first guests to stay there. What a pleasant surprise in that dusty town. We had the whole place to ourselves including a beautiful pool. It was near the traffic circle on the North end of town.

We parked the car behind a secure gate overnight. We could even pick fresh limes through the room window for the evening cervesas! I think we paid around 500 pesos, but it was well worth it. It was only about 15-20 minutes from Tonina ruins which were awesome>

Playa del Carmen...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Hotels in Ocosingo

I am not really sure if Ocosingo has good hotels, but I know for a fact that there are many good hotels in San Cristobal de las Casas which is like an hour away. There is specially one I could recommend - it is called Hotel Casa de Guadalupe. A really good price for a really nice hotel.

Here you can go to their website www.hotelcasadeguadalupe.com . And I believe they are top 10 in tripadvisor last time I checked.

4. Re: Recommended Hotels in Ocosingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 05:15