We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an overnight bus from San Cristobal to Tulum?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is there an overnight bus from San Cristobal to Tulum?

My boyfriend and I are travelling from San Cristobal to Tulum, preferable on 5th November, and as it's a long bus ride, I wondered if there might be an overnight one, but I can't seem to find any!

Does anyone know the best way to get from San Cristobal to Tulum, and whether an overnight bus is a possibility? Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks, Jessie

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there an overnight bus from San Cristobal to Tulum?

If you look at www.ado.com.mx you will find 2 standard first-class buses and one luxury bus departing at 12.15pm, 3.50pm and 3.45 pm respectively (arriving Tulum at 3.40 am, 8.00 am and 8.15 am). That is a LONG bus ride! If the dates are right you could get an early bus to Tuxtla then Vivaaerobus flight to Cancun and then ADO bus to Tulum - daytime travel, half the journey time for a little extra money.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there an overnight bus from San Cristobal to Tulum?

Hi Steve,

That's great advice - thank you! The price for the bus from San Cristobal to Tuxtla is $40. Could that possibly be 40 Mexican pesos? It seems crazy cheap! I'm assuming it is though because the bus from San Cristobal to Tulum is over $700 and that can't be US dollars!

If so, it doesn't look like the second option will be much more expensive at all...

Jessie

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there an overnight bus from San Cristobal to Tulum?

Yes, all prices will be in pesos. I think there is a separate service that goes from San Cristobal direct to the airport that is more expensive but not by much once you factor in the cost of getting from Tuxtla bus terminal to Tuxtla airport.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there an overnight bus from San Cristobal to Tulum?

"$" is the peso sign in Mexico, including the ADO website.

5. Re: Is there an overnight bus from San Cristobal to Tulum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about San Cristobal de las...