We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best weather in San cristobal?

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
best weather in San cristobal?

when is it better to go to SCLC weather wise as we really enjoyed Merida in july of this year. also is it safe for two senior citizens to go anywhere during normal hours? in Merida we went all over town until 11 p.m. without an single concern. are they friendly to tourists like merida?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best weather in San cristobal?

I went this year in mid-April and the weather was beautiful. Highs in the mid-70s, sunny, no rain, and nights were still a little cool. I was traveling alone, I felt very safe.

Harpswell, Maine
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best weather in San cristobal?

I was in SCLC for several days alone in 2005 and felt very safe. A few minor cat-calls here and there (I'm female), but easily dealt with: ignore. Found people in the city to be very friendly and very accustomed to tourists being around. Never felt unsafe. I'm going back for another solo-visit in two weeks. July weather in 2005 was somewhat hot and somewhat rainy, but not extreme in either way.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 03:06
Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best weather in San cristobal?

SC is very safe. Much smaller than Merida and of course cooler. A big difference is that SC is a hub for many small Indian villages in the area. They come to SC for market. The Indians tend to be a more reserved people. Especially since for many, Spanish is a second language and may not be spoken too well. I've been to a village in Chiapas where only a handful spoke Spanish.

BC
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best weather in San cristobal?

We stayed eight nights in February. It was gorgeous during the day--warm to hot, sunny. But it sure cooled off quickly as soon as the sun went down! Very cool in the evenings and overnight, we were told that one night went down to freezing point. From sundresses at 4 pm, the boots, jackets and scarves were on people by 8 pm. Still, everyone sits in the outdoor cafes having drinks.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
102 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best weather in San cristobal?

weatherbase.com will give you average high/low temperature for each month.

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

6. Re: best weather in San cristobal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:16