We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City to San Cristobal...

Which San Cristobal de las Casas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
23 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico City to San Cristobal...

Trying to get from Mexico City to San Cristobal via plane. Realize we must fly to Tuxtla Gutierrez and work our way from there. Wondering if there are any other small airlines ...other than Volaris and Interjet that fly this route. March 2014 is travel time. Thanks.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City to San Cristobal...

Interjet, Volaris and Aeromexico all fly that route and there's really not much difference in price although Interjet are probably fractionally the cheapest (all fares from around 1,780-2,050 pesos one-way).

Harpswell, Maine
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City to San Cristobal...

I flew on Interjet in October 2013, Mexico City to TGZ route. It was very comfortable, comparable to Southwest Airlines. I would recommend it. They serve full size drinks and snacks, including free beer!

If you haven't been to the Mexico City airport before, it's a bit confusing. I've flown through there to Chiapas twice, on trips about 8 years apart. Both times, the gate for the TGZ flight was down in some lower-level corridor. Your boarding ticket will say to go a "sala", which turns out to be a hall full of restaurants and a bathroom. Most likely you'll have to find your way down a couple flights of stairs to a lower level -- that's where my flights have been both times on different airlines.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
23 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico City to San Cristobal...

Thanks for your input...greatly appreciated.

Harpswell, Maine
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico City to San Cristobal...

Good luck and have fun! SCLC should be lovely that time of year!

Also, if you are looking at various flight options -- I would (from personal experience) pass over the VIvaaerobus airline. Their prices and schedules are appealing but there's a high likelihood you'll end up on a majorly delayed flight. I flew both and Interjet was 100% better.

BC
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico City to San Cristobal...

Plus you won't be able to purchase or reserve a seat on VivaAerobus with a USA or Cdn credit card. Spent many frustrating hours trying....

Redwar, you will love SCLC.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
23 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico City to San Cristobal...

Am working on tickets today....Volaris has by far the least $ seats for dates needed. However, I won't arrive until 4PM in Tuxtla Gutierrez and have a 6PM meeting in San Cristobal. What's the chances of my being able to make that if I go by taxi....?

Thanks.

BC
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico City to San Cristobal...

If the plane is on time that is enough time to get there by taxi.

8. Re: Mexico City to San Cristobal...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 07:18