We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours in chiapas

San Diego...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Tours in chiapas

Has anyone pre-paid a tour for Chiapas? I have been in contact with some agencies in Chiapas that can provide tours but the method of payment they seek is a little doubtful. They want me to go to their Mexican bank or wire money straight into their account as a method of payment? Has anyone had a similar situation? Any recommendations?? Usually payments are made online or something to that nature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours in chiapas

We had the same concerns especially as we'll be there the week before carnival. Tour books (and helpful people here) indicated that there are a number of tour providers around the town center. So, we've decided that we would book tours once we arrived in SCdlC. Here's hoping!

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours in chiapas

We also decided on a tour once we were there. When we were there, there was a lady on a square everyday to take people to the indian villages. You could just show up and she would arrange transport and guide. Not sure if she is still around.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
102 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours in chiapas

I am there now. There are many tour companies on Real de Guadalupe. There are also pamphlets at the tourist office. In my 10 years of coming to Mexico, I have never sent money upfront for a tour.

Harpswell, Maine
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours in chiapas

The absolute best guide in San Cristobal is Alex Aranda. Cielo y Tierra tours. You can contact him via his website to schedule something and then pay him directly on the day of.

5. Re: Tours in chiapas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about San Cristobal de las...