We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

My boyfriend and I would like to try a small all inclusive that is not too crowded but still offers activities: kayaks,snorkeling,etc. We definitely want to check out the cenotes, xpu-ha, and tulum. This our first time to mexico and our first all inclusive. I've been reading the reviews and cant make up my mind where to stay.

Any suggestions on where to stay?

Any comments on these hotels?

el dorado seaside suites

omini puerto adventuras

dreams-tulum

maya tankah

Thanks, Lia

Turnersville, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

PLEASE, can someone RESPOND TO MY POSTING??!!!. I need advice on where to stay. I want to book this ASAP

TX
Level Contributor
445 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

Hi! I hate when no-one responds to my posts. Especially when you are really needing advise. I don't know how small you want because some of the resorts are huge! We are staying at the Royal PDC this year. It has gotten great reviews. Great beach, great rooms and you can walk into town. I'm sorry I can't help you more. We haven't stayed at any you mentioned. I would just recc. pulling up all the hotels you are interested in and read the reviews and look at the candid traveler photos. That's what I did last year and again this year. Also, my travel agent has a website that people use forums and they are great about answering all my questions. Good luck finding a place! You will love Mexico!!!

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

Check out the Akumal Bay Resort. Friends of mine stayed there this spring and loved it. It's on a beautiful bay with fantastic snorkeling. There are lots of ceynotes to swim in nearby and you're not too far from one of the best ruins anywhere in the Yucatan,Coba.

My family has stayed at the Iberostar Toucan and while it's very nice it's also very large. This year we are staying at the Iberostar paraiso maya.

Enjoy your trip! And check out locogringo.com for more info on the area.

Regina
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

I stayed at EDSS with my boyfriend last march, and it was great!! it wasn't crowed, and very laid back.... never left the beach as lunch baskets and drinks are brought right to you.

As for activites... it's a little low on activities.. the staff is really good about drumming up people for beach or watter volleyball... but it's more of a relaxing crowd.

there is kayaks, paddleboats and snorkeling.. but if the water is rough, you can't take any of the stuff out... we only has about 1 day of a green flag the whole time we were there... (bad week). So I do suggest taking your own snokel equipment.

We enjoyed it so much we're not sure were to go to try and beat it.

If you do book edss, ensure you get a second floor room.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

Make your post more specific: try posting this question on the playa del carmen forum and the puerto aventuras forum and the puerto morelos forum, etc.!

Itasca, Illinois
Level Contributor
265 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

We are going to Secrets Capri Dec 1 to the 15th. It's #1 in Playa del Carmen except for the Iberostars. It's adults only and tops in luxury & service. Its AI and sounds great and reviews are excellent. Check it out! Good Luck

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

Check out Playacar Palace or XpuHa Palace. Go to www.palaceresorts.com for more info and photos.

8. Re: Cant decide on which hotel to stay at!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 02:18