We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One month away from vacations at Mexico - HELP

Coimbra, Portugal
2 posts
Save Topic
One month away from vacations at Mexico - HELP

This is our first time at Mexico and we would like to have a magnificent holiday, since that we don’t travel for a year, now.

Our last time was at Punta Cana in one of the best resorts, which we visited – Bahia Principe Bavaro. As all of the people who visited this resort should know, our standards are now very high.

To our vacations we are considering this resorts:

Bahia Principe Akumal or Coba

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo or Maya

Barceló Maya Colonial & Tropical Beach

So, I would like to ask to someone who has already been at these resorts to give us some help. We give preference to the following items:

(More important)

- White sandy beaches with palm trees (still thinking of Bavaro Beach…)

- Good and large pools, but not very deep (I can’t swim)

- Good restaurants

- Good and clean rooms

- Beautiful lobbies with good lobby bars service

- Mariachi shows at the hotel

- Beautiful gardens

(Less important)

We don’t have kids and we don’t care with night shows, but if we could ear some good lounge music it would be great…

Thanks for helping!!

Coimbra, Portugal
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One month away from vacations at Mexico - HELP

Zero answers...Please help...

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One month away from vacations at Mexico - HELP

Hola! We've been to the Coba, Maya and Barcelo Maya (the older one). I would suggest for your needs, the Iberostar Maya.....or the Lindo which is less expensive, would be the best choices. The IB* complex has a lot to offer. However, there will be children there as the Lindo/Maya share a very large pool with lazy river and wave pool......tho, some of the Maya buildings have their own quiet pools. The beach is lovely and the lobby bars of Lindo/Maya are spectacular. Have you considered the Royal Playa del Carmen?....adults only and a property that seems to meet your requirements (we've also stayed there....my favourite)). PM me if you have any other questions.....eu falo Portuguese...))

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One month away from vacations at Mexico - HELP

Your one month away from your vacation and you havent booked a resort yet? Goodluck!

4. Re: One month away from vacations at Mexico - HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 18:16