We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holbox

Wakefield Quebec
1 post
Save Topic
Holbox

I just got back from one of the best holidays ever. Holbox Island, located approx. 3 hrs from Cancun, feels like a remote, unspoiled piece of paradise. I stayed at Villa Flamingos, where the accomodation was fantastic (little cabana next to the beach), food was good and the staff could not have been more accomodating or friendlier. The beach is for the most part untouched. the water is warm and aqua coloured, the small Holbox community is very much alive and kicking, and again, the people were incredibly friendly. Holbox may be one of Mexico's best kept secrets, no mega resorts, only small hotels, definetely not over run with tourists and one of the nicest beaches I've been to in the Caribbean. I liked it so much, and was so please dwith Villa Flamingos that I wanted to make sure to post a note.....

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,498 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holbox

It is a great place but afraid it wont last long. I saw that the Mexico tourism people are going to start spending more money

promoting it. Too bad, afraid it will go the way of so many nice places in the area. But enjoy it while you can!

Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holbox

How did you get to Holbox?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,498 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holbox

The good thing is, its not too easy. That is one thing that has kept the island like it is. I cant remember the city name (but will get it) but you take the bus from Cancun and then the ferry over to Holbox.

chapel hill nc
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Holbox

Hi, I'm interested in visiting Holbox. Our group includes my husband and me plus 3 boys (4, 8, 10) and a grandma. The boys really love animals and nature and I'm trying to find a comfortable yet natural spot for them to enjoy. Do you think this a good place for us? Thanks!

west. pennsylvania
Level Contributor
308 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holbox

diamondmouse,

Tripadvisor is a great way to get info. You will probably get a lot of responses if you post your question under Holbox forum and begin a new thread.

Also, this thread you posted on is about 3 years old..... thus no responses.

just trying to help; we're headed to Holbox in July and can"t wait. Our 3 kids are grown up now but they would have enjoyed it, I'm sure. Surely not for Disneyworld types...do they know how to make their own fun?

6. Re: Holbox

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 04:17