We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Mexico?

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Mexico?

Hello everyone-

Just wanted to get some ideas from you all on traveling at Christmas. I had this idea that we would pay for our children and my parents to go on vacation at Christmas, preferably to a beach, where everyone would find out Christmas morning that we were going on vacation and we'd leave that day. It might be cost prohibitive to do this as I'm learning from the crazy Christmas pricing. So here's my trip planning details - let me know your thoughts.

-Group will consist of me and DH (both 30), my parents (both 53) and our children (daughter is 10, son will be 4 by then).

-Prefer a beach location (hence posting in a Mexico forum)

-Would love everyone to experience an all inclusive (I've been, none of them has been) but if the cost prohibits that, would opt for another beach location.

Seems to me that getting a timeshare on the beach is much more affordable while still being in a good location, albeit with less amenities. It also looks like the Mayan Riviera is a good location to be with kids with the proximity to Xcaret.

Any thoughts on where or how we could take a trip like this without paying the equivalent of a used car?

Shannon

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Mexico?

bump

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
224 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Mexico?

We're thinking of doing the same thing, either with our two boys (under 10), or with a whole gaggle of family. Although, the surprise factor is not something we're seeking. We want to take the kids to the Mayan side, so we can visit the ruins. Play del Carmen looks promising. We'd appreciate suggestions too.

Thanks.

3. Re: Christmas in Mexico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 18:19