We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!Gran Bahia Principe Akumal or Catalonia Yucatan Beach ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Help!Gran Bahia Principe Akumal or Catalonia Yucatan Beach ?

Hi All,

Please help to decide where to go.

We are planning our trip (me & my friend) on December 19 for a week. I'd like to hear pros and cons about these hotels. Thank you!

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!Gran Bahia Principe Akumal or Catalonia Yucatan Beach ?

Hi Julia...back two weeks ago from the Cat. The only maybe negative would be the half hour drive into Playa del Carmen. But the resort runs a bus, once in the day and once at night and it is free. You do need to sign up the day before to get a spot, and if you come back early the cost is $16.00 by taxi. Also it is a 20 minute walk to the highway, which is only a disadvantage if you want to hop on the collectivo. The plus side is toooo long to list. A lovely resort, lots of pools and bars, the staff seem really happy and aim to please. So many of them speak English really well. Though I like to hear them speak their own language, it does make it difficult when trying to find information. Oh, and another con for some, is the beach. Myself, I am a pool person.. Have never been to the Gran Bahia.

2. Re: Help!Gran Bahia Principe Akumal or Catalonia Yucatan Beach ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 02:16