We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Jet

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
West Jet

Anyone know if one could upgrade for the flight over to Cancun on westjet... Couple years ago my DH and I upgraded on sunwing and got priority boarding, upfront seating and also allowed extra weight for our luggage. We got to bypass the lines at both airports (winnipeg and Cancun)

SK
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Jet

AFAIK, WestJet only offers "Plus" fares which only really gets you choice in the first three rows. Not sure if it gets you priority boarding, but the cost associated doesn't make it worthwhile.(other than if you need to be flexible on changing your dates). They do offer pre-booking of seats for a fee, so you can use sites like SeatGuru and see where the best seats are.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: West Jet

My main concern is by passing the long lines! Sunwing was amazing with this option, No lines at the airport here in winnipeg or in Cancun!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Jet

They don't have priority check in at the airports.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,413 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Jet

Check on their FaceBook Page.. New rules as of April lst... with West Jet. Econo (sales) Flex (regular) and Plus.

NO long ling ups Like the Charters with West Jet.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
877 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Jet

Your other option might be to check with Air Transat as they have their Option Plus which offers what you are looking for.They also have their Club Class which is an affordable upgrade, kinda like business class on major carriers. I did that for a special trip with my wife a few years ago now she won't fly any other way:)

6. Re: West Jet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 07:18