We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Valentin Imperial Maya. Questions?

Bethel Heights, Ar
Level Contributor
117 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Valentin Imperial Maya. Questions?

Just got back last night. Let me j ow if you have questions!!

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Valentin Imperial Maya. Questions?

What kind of room were you in? What was your best dinner meal? How was Don Miguels? Are they still pouring the top shelf (Don Julio, Grey Goose, etc.) freely?

Bethel Heights, Ar
Level Contributor
117 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Valentin Imperial Maya. Questions?

We stayed in the Golden Suites, Bldg. 7 (last year ut was Bldg. 8) and we love those rooms. Worth every penny for the size of them, at least for me. We also got a third floor room and you could see the ocean between the Emerald suites and you could definitely hear the ocean. Hands down, this trip, we loved the Indonesian restaurant, I love spicy food so this was right up my alley. Second favorite was a toss up between the French and Italian. Least favorite would have to be Ginger, other than the sushi and appetizers, I sort of felt that ev erything had the same brown sauce on it, although I feel that way about a lot of Asian places here in the states. We ate at all of them except La Hacienda and they were all good. I think they have changed up their menus a little since last year and all for the better. And yes, they are still pouring top shelf, as I had several grey goose martinis...probably more than I should have had. We headed to Don Miguels every evening before dinner, wasn't ever crowded, as a matter of fact some nights we were the only people in there at 6 in the evening. Hotel was a full capacity and you never woud have known it.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Valentin Imperial Maya. Questions?

Sounds like a great trip. We are going back in November as we got a great deal. I wrote in my review last year that I was pretty sure that I would enjoy VIM better the second time around.

Did you experience/find anything on this trip that you did not on the first trip? I forgot to go by the "lazy river" last year so I will definitely check it out this year.

We started off every night with Don Miguels last year as well before dinner.

4. Re: Just back from Valentin Imperial Maya. Questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 07:18