We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation ruined.....laid off!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation ruined.....laid off!

Well I was really excited to be planing our vacation for next June to Playa...hotel already booked and was just advised our company will be laying us off next month! Now not so sure I will be able to take our fam vacation. Feeling bumbed!

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,668 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation ruined.....laid off!

That really bites. I am so sorry this is happening. It's so hard to know whether you should or should not spend money with impending layoffs and all of that.

My husband was on furlough for a couple months and just went back to work at the beginning of this month. So we were in a holding pattern with any non-essential spending too. Fortunately we had taken a vacation 2 months before - good timing on that, right? He's still not out of the woods yet - the company isn't on firm footing - so we are still being pretty careful.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation ruined.....laid off!

Very sorry to hear that.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation ruined.....laid off!

Yeah...I'm really hoping we can still pull it off! Being hopeful!!

4. Re: Vacation ruined.....laid off!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 07:19