We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth staying in Tulum?

Wales
Level Contributor
222 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth staying in Tulum?

Or shall we stay in playa del carmen and commute for a day trip into tulum?

Will it be easy to get into tulum to get a 08.30 bus for chetumal?

Ta xx

Wales
Level Contributor
222 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth staying in Tulum?

I've just realised there is a bus straight from playa si that's irrelevant.

So my point is, is tulum worth it?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth staying in Tulum?

Depends what you're looking for. Are you asking about the ruins? or the beach? or nightlife, shopping?

Ruins are in beautiful setting but mostly roped off. If you're not into ancient history of Mayans it might be just fine for you. The beaches are beautiful white sand and clear water with waves for playing. Restaurants are good.

Not tons in the way of shopping but there are stores.

If this is not a destination for you then a day trip will probably be good enough.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it worth staying in Tulum?

Forgot to say, there was a thread a day or two ago about camping in the area you may be interested in.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,688 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it worth staying in Tulum?

IMO, Tulum is totally worth it and I would choose it over PDC. But that is me :-) Everybody has different priorities.

Wales
Level Contributor
222 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it worth staying in Tulum?

I've decided to stay in PDC however will be making a day trip to Tulum, for lunch, ruins and beach time :)

6. Re: Is it worth staying in Tulum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 04:16