We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers to Cancun airport.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
736 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
first timers to Cancun airport.

As my daughter is taking her very first "parent free" trip this week I want to tell all first timers something the rest of us know so well: when leaving the airport avoid at all costs the " officials" to the left and right of the exit doors. They do NOT work for your hotel/transfer/tour companies. They are Aggressive sellers and I hVd been grabbed, chastised and shouted at all as they try to corral you into a corner. Hour transfer company is not allowed inside the doors and they are waiting politely and patiently outside in the sun for you. Dont feel bad if you have to be firm with these indoor handlers. Good luck. And yes u feel it is safe as I am letting my 18 year old go ( she has watched mommy navigate Mexico many times I taught her well). Adios friends.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,287 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timers to Cancun airport.

It sounds as if you've primed your daughter well but here's a blow-by-blow account I wrote a few monts ago regarding the Cancun airport arrivals procedure which you/shemay find useful - tripadvisor.ca/…52125624

2. Re: first timers to Cancun airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:18