We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So disappointed ABR will be closed for renovations

philadelphia pa
Level Contributor
374 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
So disappointed ABR will be closed for renovations

We have been going to ABR for the last 6 years and will need to find another resort for our annual November pilgrimage to Mexico. can anyone recommend a somewhat similar (i.e. small, casual, nice beach) resort where my husband doesn't have to wear long pants to dinner?? We are willing to go anywhere from south of Cancun to Tulum. thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So disappointed ABR will be closed for renovations

You might want to post this on the Riviera Maya forum for the most replies. Have a great trip.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,838 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So disappointed ABR will be closed for renovations

As you're probably already aware, your no long pants requirement is going to severely limit your options but check out Catalonia Royal Tulum.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So disappointed ABR will be closed for renovations

What about north of Cancun? If you don't mind eating out, Isla Mujeres is a great place to stay. A lot of people that like Akumal also like Isla. There are not a lot of AI options on Isla but there are a ton of restaurants in close proximity to Playa Norte. For AI, I'd suggest Privilege Aluxes. It is definitely more modern that ABR, but you can usually find some pretty good deals in November.

philadelphia pa
Level Contributor
374 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So disappointed ABR will be closed for renovations

I was on Isla Mujeres about 20 years ago...didn't realize it was so built up! Thanks for the suggestion. Also looking into Holbox island.

5. Re: So disappointed ABR will be closed for renovations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:18