We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this way too much? Am I missing anything?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is this way too much? Am I missing anything?

My husband and I are traveling to the Yucatan for 7 days. We are both in our early 20's and seasoned travelers. I like to have a strict itinerary so I don't miss anything that is important to me. I have never been to Mexico before so I'm not sure what I'm dealing with. We want 3-4 days of ruins and 3-4 days of diving This is what I have;

March 10th

10:45 Arrive/Rental car pick up

12:00 Drive to Ek Balam

2:00 Tour at Ek Balam

5:00 Drive to Hotel Dolores Alba Chichen Itza (maybe see Ik Kill Cenote across the street)

11th

7:30 See Chichen Itza at open

12:00 Drive to Tulum

2:00 Visit Tulum/stay at La Vita E Bella

12th

11:00 Dive Dos Ejos Cenote

4:00 Beach/stay at La Vita E Bella

13th

8:30 Head to Playa del Carmen Ferry depot to Cozumel

9:30 Return rental car

10:00 Ferry to Cozumel

11:30 Check in at Hotel Barracuda

2:00 Discover Mexico tequila tour

14th

8:00 Dive

3:30 Manatees

15th

1:00 Snorkel/scuba/chill

16th

1:00 Snorkel/scuba/chill

17th

Head Home

Is this too much? Should I do something else?

Thanks everybody!

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this way too much? Am I missing anything?

Wow. IMO you are spending way to much time moving around (3 different hotels and three different areas) for a 7 day trip. I would not do more than 2. FWIW, it looks like you have a two week itinerary. That said, think about the ruins at Coba (not that you need anything extra).

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this way too much? Am I missing anything?

I think you may be under estimating the time it will take to get from place to place. Not sure though, since, we take buses in Mexico.

Have you left yourselves at least 24 hours after diving before you fly?

We like to move around when we travel too. It will be busy, but, sounds like you enjoy that.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,290 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this way too much? Am I missing anything?

I also like to keep busy so think with a rental car, you will be ok. Looking at your hotel choice in Cozumel, I hope you will be happy with the Barracuda in Cozumel. It would be one of my last choices.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this way too much? Am I missing anything?

I've got 24 hours between dive and flight. Picked Barracuda because cheap dive hotel with pool on the ocean. Also like that it's in tone and near bars with live music. Is there a different dive hotel on the ocean with a pool that is equally cheap? Thank you!

Edited: 21 February 2014, 04:18
5. Re: Is this way too much? Am I missing anything?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 07:20