We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Topic
Day trip recommendation while staying at Grand Palladium

We will be at the Grand Palladium the week of June 18th with kids ages 9 & 12. I thought about taking a day and going somewhere. Any recommendations? Someone mentioned a catamaran and snorkeling. How far would that be? I don't want to have to sit on a bus for over an hour each way as vacation goes fast enough.

Jennifer

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip recommendation while staying at Grand Palladium

You could go to Akumal for 1/2 a day to snorkel with the turtles. Just down the road and about 25 pesos per person by colectivo. you can rent snorkel equipment there, snorkel and play in the gorgeous beach and go for lunch.

Or you could go to Xel Ha that is just down the road as well by colectivo or taxi and stay all day. It is all inclusive, so your food, drinks, snorkel gear, towels, lockers, etc. are included. Definitely don't take the tour there so you can do it at your own pace.

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,848 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip recommendation while staying at Grand Palladium

I'd take a taxi to La Playa Beach Club at Xpu-Ha, was just there last week, admission is 40 pesos pp, refundable if you eat and drink 150 pesos pp. It is a long hot road from the highway. Beach is beautiful there.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip recommendation while staying at Grand Palladium

A second vote for Xel-Ha. Loved it.

Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip recommendation while staying at Grand Palladium

So you do not suggest a catamaran?

Jennifer

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip recommendation while staying at Grand Palladium

We've done a boat and snorkeling, but rented a panga for the day instead. I've also done the catamarans and wouldn't do them with the kids. They are really boozed cruises and not really where I would take the kids. I did enjoy them with just me and my husband though.

6. Re: Day trip recommendation while staying at Grand Palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16