We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless resort in Cancun!

Pittsburgh...
10 posts
Save Topic
Topless resort in Cancun!

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are planning a vacation somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico in late December. I wanted or I really should say my husband wanted a place to stay where it had a topless or nude beach/resort. I wanted some place that not just allowed it but had others participating as well. I don't want to be the only one "showing off!" I would feel much more comfortable if others were doing the same and I was not the only one. I don't want my top to come off and have every eye on the beach just to go right towards me. I'm not sure if Cancun is the best place for us or some place else in Mexico or the Caribbean would be better? We are not swingers and are not interested in that type of thing. Just looking to have fun and come back with a nice full tan lol. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robin

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

Try heading for a hotel on Maroma beach. You may find different people each day around you so there is no guarantee who will take their top off. When I stayed at SMB some ladies took their top off on the beach and no one appeared to show any interest.

Pittsburgh...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to be the only one topless. Is there a decent amount of people topless along this beach or would I be one of the very few? I won't feel very comfortable if that is the case.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

It varied from day to day but always on the beach . The beach is big enough to be far enough away from prying eyes without you feeling uncomfortable. I met a few couples walking along the beach and the lady was topless and no one seemed to care. Best to decide on the day or better still come to Europe in our summer when you will find ladies of all nationalities take off their tops without a care in the world.

Pittsburgh...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

Never considered Europe. Where in Europe are you located? So most women are topless on the beaches? I would feel more comfortable with that. If most are topless that would make me feel much more comfortable. We might have to make a trip to Europe at some point.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

Greece,Spain, Cyprus. The quieter areas are most popular. I was in Minorca (part of the Balearic isles in Spain) last month and the beach 30 yards from my hotel had about 10 topless ladies in a 100 yard stretch. A couple of mature ladies were topless on the hotel lawn most days and these are the ones I actually noticed. There was also a beach 10 minutes walk away which was popular with naturists(nudists). Walkers on the beach paid them little attention. You will love these beaches

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,836 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

Robin - all the beaches in Mexico come under Federal jurisdiction whereas the resorts get to make their own rules, so whilst it may be ok to go topless on the beach, it may be prohibited around the pool at your resort. IME, there's usually a few topless ladies at the beach. The ratio tends to vary depending upon the number of Europeans "in the house" at any given time. IME, most women are pretty discreet and only go topless to sunbathe; it's very rare to see anyone walking about topless.

If you want to be able to go topless at your resort, check out Temptations. Desires is topless/clothing optional. Temptations attracts a swinger element and Desires openly markets to swingers. That said, participation is not mandatory and I know some people go there for the topless/clothing optional aspects only and not the lifestyle, so it could be an option. Hidden Beach Resort in Playacar is a naturist (nudist) resort - no swinging, just nekkid.

If you haven't sunbathed topless (or naked) before, be very, VERY careful as those areas that are usually covered will burn much faster and easier than other parts of your anatomy. FWIW, my dermatologist says that if you have to suntan at all, tanning your bum is probably the safest area to expose as he's never known anyone to get skin cancer there!

Pittsburgh...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

Thanks for the info. I have gone topless once. I spent a few hours on st. Maarten, when with an ex bf, our cruise stopped there. Not many people were topless and I felt a little out of place. I am now trying to be a little more adventuresome since my husband says I have become a bit of a prude. I'm proving to him that I am not :). I want some place that has people topless or nude but not to the point where I am uncomfortable and not where I am the only one. A good mix is what I am looking for. It would be nice not to have to cover my top up to go back to the room or whatever. I know my husband will want to look at some "scenery" as well - he can look but don't touch lol! I plan to bring sun screen since those areas could get burned easily lol. Plus, my husband will have fun applying the sun screen to those areas. Maybe a big strong cabana boy can do it when my husband goes to the room for a minute haha J/K!

Spain or Greece seem amazing but a little far and a little too $$$ at the moment for us. Maybe one day.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,163 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

My husband always enjoyed going in the Fall as the resort we go to attracts many European then and there were many topless and few kids. Late December is more of a family time with North Americans so that may impact the number of topless . Just a general observation. You may want to look at an AO resort for that time of year.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
677 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

Hi Robin,

There is actually an official adults only nude resort.

We passed by the resort last may and it is called Hidden beach Resort, located in Akumal, between Playa del Carmen and Tulum.

http://www.hiddenbeachresort.com/

And yes, we have a lot of nude resorts or nude sunbathing in Europe.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
677 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Topless resort in Cancun!

I read your similar posts about DR and Jamaica. What puzzles me is your statement that "" you don't want to get bored". Does this mean animation program in general or more like the adventurous, inter-human contacts?