We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too many choices..how do you choose????

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Too many choices..how do you choose????

there are way to many hotels too choose from...I am all over the place....first i thought AI.........excellence, royal hideaway, le blanc,then thought ritz, fiesta americana grand coral, now was reading about the hilton or jw mariott,.......which beach is still nice..changed mind about royal hideaway after reading review that they no longer have a beach area........this is way too hard......how do you choose and then be satisfied with your choice thanks again

somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too many choices..how do you choose????

The way I chose was the first determine my budget and the dates I wanted to go. Then I decided what my highest priority was and went from there. It was tough but I don't regret my decision.

I would say once you have it narrowed down to three resorts, post your choices, and tell us what your priorities are. People will post their experiences and let you know which way they would lean.

Have fun planning!

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too many choices..how do you choose????

meg's got in right on the money. Figure out how much you want to spend max. Keep in mind that you have to add in food/drinks if you stay at non-AI then figure out what's most important. For me, I'm a lay around the pool/beach and eat and drink most of the day type vacationer so I love AIs. Also, I like quality liquor so that narrows it down more and I'm all about location. I hate the buses so the closer I am to the party central area the better. Make a list, narrow it down then come back and give us your choices

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too many choices..how do you choose????

thanks i will do that.......whcih hotels did you stay at...have never gone AI but am considering it...are the alacarte or buffet...would like great pools and beach hubby likes good food HATES buffetts

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Too many choices..how do you choose????

Most AI resorts have a buffet or two of some kind or another. We like to suggest that you figure out your budget, as the above posters suggested, and then find the resort with the best food and room ratings from guests in that price range.

Le Blanc Spa Resort is perhaps at the very top of the, forgive the pun, food chain, when it comes to All Inclusive resort in Cancun's Hotel Zone. It is also adults only which for many is a definite plus. The others you should consider that are in that or just below that price range include:

Riu Palace Las Americas

Riu Cancun

Golden Parnasus-adults only AI resort

Other resorts that may have All Inclusive plans as well, but are certainly ones to consider with excellent beaches include:

Le Meridien-smaller boutique style property

Hilton Golf & Spa Resort-larger property with excellent a la carte restaurants

Gran Melia

Fiesta Americana Condesa-lower priced sister resort of the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach

GR Solaris-sister resort to the Royal Solaris

Dreams Resort

Cancun has 100+ accommodations options so we understand your dilema well. Good luck on finding an appropriate resort, if you have more questions then please feel free to ask.

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too many choices..how do you choose????

If you hubby hates buffet's I wouldn't do AI, there are so many great restaurants in Cancun. I wouldn't want to limit myself to just 1 resort to eat at. As far as the hotel, if you want a nice beach and a surf, go to the long part of the 7....the FAGCB is on the short side and doesn't have the best beaches IMHO. I checked out the Ritz last time and I thought it was too stuffy....didn't seem beachy at all, more like a Vanderbuilt mansion feel in the lobby etc. Have fun planning!!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too many choices..how do you choose????

do to the last minute booking i am down to few choices of hotels

me-melia

gran melia

fieasta american condessa

hilton

gr solaris

presidnte

my husband is very fussy with hotels and food...pls help fast

7. Re: Too many choices..how do you choose????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 04:16